Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

I'm a little late, but I didn't want to let the 4th of July pass by without giving a little shout out to all those who make it possible to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave.  Thank you for your sacrifice.  You are truly an inspiration!

To celebrate the holiday, I made the most American strawberries I could find to take to a barbecue with some great Houston amigos.  (I already mentioned my addiction to Pinterest, and I owe credit to the site for the inspiration behind these berries.)  They were delicious.  Readers be warned:  Before you attempt to create American strawberries, double check that a grocer near you carries blue sprinkles.  I thought blue sprinkles would be waiting for me at Kroger, which was an inaccurate assumption.  Special thanks to Austin Bristow for  his help during our adventure to find the sparkling garnish.  Five different grocery stores later, we found "Periwinkle Blue sugar crystals" at Whole Foods.  Please don't ask how much they cost....just check out this picture of the final product and see for yourself why we thought the price was worth it!


God bless America!

Hope your Fourth was spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment